What is the Rpcqt.dll component needed for?Simply stated, a DLL file is an unnamed executable file. It cannot be directly invoked, but it can be called by any executable Windows program.
The Rpcqt.dll process is also known as Garena or, as the case may be, Spybot - Search & Destroy and is a part of Remote Procedure Call (CQTPM) (RPCQT) or, as the case may be, Garena. This software is produced by Garena Online PTE LTD (www.garena.com) or, as the case may be, Safer Networking (security.kolla.de). An obsolete or defective version of Rpcqt.dll can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Garena has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Garena has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Rpcqt.dll has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module Rpcqt.dll. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about Rpcqt.dll Garena
Rpcqt.dll is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. Rpcqt.dll is found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory.
The file size is 13,179,660 bytes.
You can end this service, pause it, or restart it by going to System and Security/Administrative Tools/Services in Control Panel. The service does not run under your user account. The Rpcqt file is not part of the Windows operating system. This Rpcqt program does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. For this reason, 29% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A Rpcqt.dll file has a 22% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the Windows Temp directory. In this case, the file size is usually 13,179,660 bytes. The program appears as a window on the desktop. This file was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. This Rpcqt.dll process is initiated as part of Windows start-up (Registry: Run).
- A Rpcqt.dll file has a 26% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 13,179,660 bytes. The program appears as a window on the desktop. Rpcqt.dll does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. When Windows starts, this process is automatically started at the same time (Registry: Run). This file contains no information about the producer or the version. Rpcqt.dll appears to be a file that was compressed by an EXE-Packer. This technique is often used by trojans to keep the file size small and also hamper debugging efforts. However, this in itself is not sufficient reason to presume malicious intent, since even well-intentioned, professional software producers take advantage of compressed files.
- A Rpcqt.dll file has a 26% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 13,179,660 bytes.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves Rpcqt.dll. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about Rpcqt?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall Remote Procedure Call or Garena
To remove Garena from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Remote Procedure Call or Garena in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if Rpcqt.dll (Garena) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Garena. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Garena or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or Rpcqt.dll is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.