What does the netsession_win.exe file do?
The netsession_win.exe process is also known as Akamai NetSession Client or, as the case may be, Akamai NetSession Interface and is a part of Akamai NetSession Client or, as the case may be, Akamai NetSession Interface. This software is produced by Akamai Technologies (www.akamai.com). An obsolete or defective version of netsession_win.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Akamai NetSession Client has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Akamai NetSession Client has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- netsession_win.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module netsession_win.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about netsession_win.exe Akamai NetSession Client
netsession_win.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. Netsession_win.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 4,673,432 bytes (16% of all these files), 4,489,472 bytes as well as 16 other variants.
The netsession_win file is not part of the Windows operating system. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The application is initiated as part of Windows start-up (Registry: Run). Netsession_win.exe is capable of monitor other applications. For this reason, 44% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A netsession_win.exe file has a 42% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 4,691,384 bytes (22% of all these files), 4,673,432 bytes as well as 12 other variants. The netsession_win file is not part of the Windows operating system. The original file has been signed by a trusted signature authority. This lets you check your copy to see if it is a counterfeit. The application does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. Netsession_win.exe is capable of track other applications.
- A netsession_win.exe file has a 54% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in in a subdirectory of the "My Documents" folder. In this case, the file size is usually 4,441,920 bytes (50% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 4,440,896 bytes. It is no part of Microsoft Windows. This netsession_win.exe process is receiving or sending data on the LAN (your local network) or on the Internet. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). Netsession_win.exe is capable of track other applications.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves netsession_win.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about netsession_win?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall Akamai NetSession Client or Akamai NetSession Interface
To remove Akamai NetSession Client from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Akamai NetSession Client or Akamai NetSession Interface in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if netsession_win.exe (Akamai NetSession Client) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Akamai NetSession Client. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Akamai NetSession Client or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or netsession_win.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in netsession_win.exe have also been interested in: pnkbstra.exe igfxpers.exe skypehost.exe netsession_win.exe winlogon.exe armsvc.exe igfxtray.exe rndlbrowserrecordplugin.dll [index]