What does the SpyProtector.exe file do?
The SpyProtector.exe process is also known as Spy Protector and is a part of Security Task Manager or, as the case may be, Spy Protector. This software is produced by Neuber Software - www.neuber.com or, as the case may be, Neuber Software GmbH - www.neuber.com (www.neuber.com). An obsolete or defective version of SpyProtector.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Spy Protector has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Spy Protector has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- SpyProtector.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module SpyProtector.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about SpyProtector.exe Spy Protector
SpyProtector.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file SpyProtector.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in in a subdirectory of the "My Documents" folder.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 114,248 bytes (42% of all these files), 140,616 bytes as well as 5 other variants.
The file was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. It contains a digital signature from Verisign, a subsidiary of Symantec. Verisign thereby confirms this file's authenticity and integrity. The application does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. For this reason, 22% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A SpyProtector.exe file has a 32% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 143,696 bytes (55% of all these files), 114,248 bytes or, as the case may be, 140,616 bytes. The application does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The file possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. The original file has been signed by a trusted signature authority. This lets you check your copy to see if it is a counterfeit. The SpyProtector file is not part of the Windows operating system.
- A SpyProtector.exe file has a 27% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\. In this case, the file size is usually 140,616 bytes (80% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 143,696 bytes. This process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. It possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. It was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves SpyProtector.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about SpyProtector?
|Add-on to the main program. It runs as tray icon in the task bar. (further information...) |
|Spy Protector (further information...) |
|It comes with the paid for version of task manager. It stops keyloggers, spyware and trojans (further information...) |
|It comes with the paid for version of task manager. Nice paid version application. Allows you see all processes running, included windows processes. (further information...) |
|It is that ugly Poland-flag-shield near the clock. |
Summary: 9 users judge SpyProtector.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 2 users consider it harmless. However, one user considers this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. For this reason, 3 users have already deleted SpyProtector.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall Security Task Manager or Spy Protector
To remove Spy Protector from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for Security Task Manager or Spy Protector in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if SpyProtector.exe (Spy Protector) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Spy Protector. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Spy Protector or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or SpyProtector.exe is causing problems for you, a good Registry Cleaner may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in SpyProtector.exe have also been interested in: swupdtmr.exe uaservice7.exe avg secure search_toolbar.dll SpyProtector.exe zhotkey.exe brs.exe idmiecc.dll dlactrlw.exe [index]