What does the igfxEM.exe file do?
The igfxEM.exe process is also known as igfxEM Module and is a part of Intel® Common User Interface or, as the case may be, igfxEm. This software is produced by Intel (www.intel.com) or, as the case may be, igfxEm. An obsolete or defective version of igfxEM.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- igfxEM Module has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- igfxEM Module has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- igfxEM.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module igfxEM.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about igfxEM.exe igfxEM Module
igfxEM.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. IgfxEM.exe is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows\System32.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 523,232 bytes (15% of all these files), 523,224 bytes as well as 33 other variants.
IgfxEM.exe does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. The application does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The original file by Microsoft is digitally signed. So please check the file on your computer. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. For this reason, 5% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A igfxEM.exe file has a 5% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory. In this case, the file size is usually 434,648 bytes (36% of all these files), 269,744 bytes as well as 4 other variants.
This file has a digital signature. This confirms that the producer has been registered with a certificate authority. The igfxEM file contains Microsoft's digital signature. This confirms its authenticity. This igfxEM.exe process does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The file is no part of Microsoft Windows.
- A igfxEM.exe file has a 84% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the C:\Windows directory. In this case, the file size is usually 652,800 bytes. It is interesting to note that the file is placed in the Windows folder, even though it is not part of the operating system. The igfxEM file is not part of the Windows operating system. The application is receiving or sending data on the LAN (your local network) or on the Internet. This igfxEM.exe process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. Windows starts the process each time that the computer boots up (Registry: Run, MACHINE\Run). igfxEM.exe appears to be a file that was compressed by an EXE-Packer. This technique is often used by trojans to keep the file size small and also hamper debugging efforts. However, this in itself is not sufficient reason to presume malicious intent, since even well-intentioned, professional software producers take advantage of compressed files.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves igfxEM.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about igfxEM?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall Intel® Common User Interface or igfxEm
To remove igfxEM Module from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Intel® Common User Interface or igfxEm in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if igfxEM.exe (igfxEM Module) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of igfxEM Module. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for igfxEM Module or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or igfxEM.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.