What does the BitTorrent.exe file do?
The BitTorrent.exe process is also known as BitTorrent and is a part of BitTorrentPro. This software is produced by BitTorrent (www.bittorrent.com). An obsolete or defective version of BitTorrent.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- BitTorrent has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- BitTorrent has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- BitTorrent.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module BitTorrent.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Take advantage of our Free Computer Check to identify problems with BitTorrent.exe
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about BitTorrent.exe BitTorrent
BitTorrent.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file BitTorrent.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 4,628,512 bytes (6% of all these files), 1,963,016 bytes as well as 49 other variants.
It is no part of Microsoft Windows. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). BitTorrent.exe possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. Windows starts the process each time that the computer boots up (Registry: Run). BitTorrent.exe is capable of supervise programs as well as log keyboard entries. For this reason, 47% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A BitTorrent.exe file has a 46% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 383,488 bytes (25% of all these files), 312,320 bytes as well as 17 other variants. The file was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. It contains a digital signature from Verisign, a subsidiary of Symantec. Verisign thereby confirms this file's authenticity and integrity. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. BitTorrent.exe is capable of monitor other applications as well as record keystrokes.
- A BitTorrent.exe file has a 62% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in in a subdirectory of the "My Documents" folder. In this case, the file size is usually 6,078,360 bytes. This BitTorrent program does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The BitTorrent file is not part of the Windows operating system. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. Windows starts the process each time that the computer boots up (Registry: Run). It possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. BitTorrent.exe is capable of supervise programs.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves BitTorrent.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about BitTorrent?
|bittorrent - peer to peer - download client (further information...) |
|bittorret file obviously, used to share movies,music,or in most cases, anime with other people,no real threat (further information...) |
|used to download torrents completly safe |
|P2P program (further information...) |
|This is a file sharing tool that provides downloading capability |
|Potentally dangerous, used to download files, depends on the files downloaded...programme itself is not dangerous. |
|Not dangerous unless your stupid and download bad files with it. P2P Networking. The only real threat is what you download on it but it (itselft) is completely harmless! |
Summary: 6 users judge BitTorrent.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. However, 2 users consider this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. source: file.net
How to uninstall BitTorrentPro
To remove BitTorrent from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate BitTorrentPro in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if BitTorrent.exe (BitTorrent) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of BitTorrent. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for BitTorrent or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or BitTorrent.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in BitTorrent.exe have also been interested in: xsrvsetup.exe ishelper.exe webcompanion.exe BitTorrent.exe bitcometbho_126.96.36.199.dll webcamdell2.exe sdfssvc.exe grooveintlresource.dll [index]