What does the wltrysvc.exe file do?
The wltrysvc.exe process is also known as DW WLAN Card Wireless Network Service or, as the case may be, Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service and is a part of Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility or, as the case may be, DW WLAN Card Utility. This software is produced by Dell (www.dell.com) or, as the case may be, Broadcom (www.broadcom.com). An obsolete or defective version of wltrysvc.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- DW WLAN Card Wireless Network service has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- DW WLAN Card Wireless Network service has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- wltrysvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module wltrysvc.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about wltrysvc.exe DW WLAN Card Wireless Network service
wltrysvc.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. Wltrysvc.exe is found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 24,064 bytes (35% of all these files), 20,480 bytes as well as 13 other variants.
It is the service "wltrysvc".
The file does not contain any exact product information, as would normally be expected today. This wltrysvc program does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The file can be found in the Windows folder; however, it is not a Windows system file. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. Wltrysvc.exe is capable of hide itself from other programs as well as track other applications. For this reason, 72% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A wltrysvc.exe file has a 53% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 33,280 bytes (71% of all these files), 48,128 bytes as well as 5 other variants.
The application does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. It is no part of Microsoft Windows. There is no internal description of the file.
Wltrysvc.exe is capable of hide itself from other programs as well as monitor other applications.
- A wltrysvc.exe file has a 72% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 65,536 bytes (20% of all these files), 20,480 bytes, 24,064 bytes, 24,576 bytes or, as the case may be, 25,088 bytes. This file contains no information about the producer or the version. It can be found in the Windows folder; however, it is not a Windows system file. The application does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The wltrysvc file is not part of the Windows operating system. Wltrysvc.exe is capable of make itself undetectable by other programs as well as track other applications.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves wltrysvc.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about wltrysvc?
|wltrysvc.exe is a "Broadcom Corporation Wireless Network Tray Applet |
Your friendly neighborhood eggman.
|icon that shows wireless connection signal strength |
|Shows Broadcom's connection strngth for wireless networking |
|Right - Broadcom Wireless Icon - came with my Averatec laptop |
| wltrysvc.exe is a process belonging to the Broadcom Corporation Wireless Network Tray Applet, which interacts with your broadband hardware. |
Summary: 90 users judge wltrysvc.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 4 users consider it harmless. However, 8 users consider this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. For this reason, 5 users have already deleted wltrysvc.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility or DW WLAN Card Utility
To remove DW WLAN Card Wireless Network service from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility or DW WLAN Card Utility in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if wltrysvc.exe (DW WLAN Card Wireless Network service) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of DW WLAN Card Wireless Network service. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for DW WLAN Card Wireless Network service or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or wltrysvc.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in wltrysvc.exe have also been interested in: grooveshellextensions.dll windowslivelogin.dll msnlnamespacemgr.dll wltrysvc.exe rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll plugin-container.exe urlredir.dll mdnsnsp.dll [index]