What does the Tablet.exe file do?
The Tablet.exe process is also known as WacomService and is a part of Wacom Win32 Tablet Service. This software is produced by Wacom Technology (www.wacom.com) or, as the case may be, *.yapilo.com. An obsolete or defective version of Tablet.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- WacomService has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- WacomService has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Tablet.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module Tablet.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about Tablet.exe WacomService
Tablet.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. Tablet.exe is found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 430,080 bytes (28% of all these files), 454,656 bytes as well as 4 other variants.
It is the service "TabletService".
This file is not a Windows system file, but it is nontheless located in the C:\Windows folder. The application does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The Tablet file also can also affect other applications by changing their properties. Such manipulation can cause an application to do things other than what it is intended to do. The Tablet file is not part of the Windows operating system. Tablet.exe is capable of supervise programs as well as make itself undetectable by other programs. For this reason, 75% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A Tablet.exe file has a 100% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 272,400 bytes.
There is no internal description of the file. The application does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. The application is initiated as part of Windows start-up (Registry: Run, RunOnce).
- A Tablet.exe file has a 46% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 679,936 bytes. There is no concrete documentation available for this service. It is interesting to note that the file is placed in the Windows folder, even though it is not part of the operating system. This Tablet program does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. It is no part of Microsoft Windows. Tablet.exe is capable of monitor other applications as well as hides its presence from system tools.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves Tablet.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about Tablet?
|Used for wacom tablet |
|Driver for wacom graphic tablets / treiber für wacom grafiktablets (further information...) |
|Wacom tablet driver |
|Wacom Tablet devise application. It's a good thing to have for all you artist out there who are useing Wacom tabs. I would leave thi thing running as to not muck with the setting. It's harmless. |
|Service for wacom tablet. Essensial for proper function |
Summary: 48 users judge Tablet.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. source: file.net
How to uninstall Wacom Win32 Tablet Service
To remove WacomService from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Wacom Win32 Tablet Service in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if Tablet.exe (WacomService) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of WacomService. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for WacomService or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or Tablet.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.