What does the superantispyware.exe file do?
The superantispyware.exe process is also known as SUPERAntiSpyware Application and is a part of SUPERAntiSpyware. This software is produced by SUPERAntiSpyware.com (www.superantispyware.com) or, as the case may be, SuperAdBlocker.com (www.superadblocker.com). An obsolete or defective version of superantispyware.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- SUPERAntiSpyware Application has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- SUPERAntiSpyware Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- superantispyware.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module superantispyware.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about superantispyware.exe SUPERAntiSpyware Application
superantispyware.exe is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. The file superantispyware.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes on C:\.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 7,943,072 bytes (12% of all these files), 5,629,312 bytes as well as 42 other variants.
The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. The superantispyware file is not part of the Windows operating system. Windows starts the process each time that the computer boots up (Registry: Run, DEFAULT\Run). The application does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The file possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. Superantispyware.exe is capable of log keyboard entries as well as supervise programs. For this reason, 26% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A superantispyware.exe file has a 34% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 4,785,536 bytes (33% of all these files), 6,825,888 bytes or, as the case may be, 7,800,088 bytes. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. It was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. The application is initiated as part of Windows start-up (Registry: Run, DEFAULT\Run). The original file is digitally signed. Check your file. This superantispyware program does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. Superantispyware.exe is capable of log keyboard entries as well as track other applications.
- A superantispyware.exe file has a 61% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the "C:\Users\USERNAME" folder. In this case, the file size is usually 7,943,072 bytes (50% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 2,988,928 bytes. When Windows starts, this process is automatically started at the same time (Registry: Run, DEFAULT\Run). The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. This superantispyware program does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. Superantispyware.exe is capable of log keyboard entries as well as monitor other applications.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves superantispyware.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about superantispyware?
|Program to protect your computer against malicious software, spyware. (further information...) |
|I think this is not a good piece of software. You should be able to remove a piece of software from your system easily. For a beginner or imtermediate user removing this programme as it installed itself on my system would be imposible. No programme for removing software could remove it . Eventualy by getting into explorer etc. using a unlocker programme including rebooting a couple of times I managed to get rid of it. I only wanted to get rid of it initally because it seemed to be very resource amd memory hungry. In conclusion I could not recommend anyone to use this software. |
|Good, free spyware removal program. (further information...) |
|If you've downloaded the popular spyware program "SuperAntiSpyware" then this will start when Windows starts. It's harmless. And a very good freeware spyware removal tool. |
|Almost impossible to eradicate and is incompatible with some AV software |
|This is a great anti spyware program that is free. There is nothing wrong with it. |
|Remove some of my Programs( I did not have a lic.for it)called it Trojan.Agent/Gen-Kryptik even on my storage drive could not stop it from deleting complet. |
Summary: 3 users judge superantispyware.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. However, 5 users consider this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. source: file.net
How to uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware
To remove SUPERAntiSpyware Application from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate SUPERAntiSpyware in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if superantispyware.exe (SUPERAntiSpyware Application) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of SUPERAntiSpyware Application. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for SUPERAntiSpyware Application or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or superantispyware.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in superantispyware.exe have also been interested in: fmapp.exe reiguard.exe adaptivesleepservice.exe superantispyware.exe calculator.exe ccp.exe applicationframehost.exe ff_protection.exe [index]