What does the sp_rsser.exe file do?
The sp_rsser.exe process is also known as Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service and is a part of Crawler Spyware Terminator or, as the case may be, Macromedia Shockwave Player. This software is produced by Crawler.com (www.pcrx.com/spywareterminator). An obsolete or defective version of sp_rsser.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- sp_rsser.exe has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- sp_rsser.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- sp_rsser.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module sp_rsser.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about sp_rsser.exe sp_rsser.exe
sp_rsser.exe is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. Sp_rsser.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 570,880 bytes (30% of all these files), 487,424 bytes as well as 13 other variants.
The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The sp_rsser file is not part of the Windows operating system. Sp_rsser.exe is capable of supervise programs. For this reason, 41% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A sp_rsser.exe file has a 59% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 28,672 bytes (66% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 606,720 bytes.
This sp_rsser.exe process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. Sp_rsser.exe is no part of Microsoft Windows. The file does not supply any version information or other description.
Sp_rsser.exe is capable of monitor other applications.
- A sp_rsser.exe file has a 66% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in in a subdirectory of the Windows Temp folder. In this case, the file size is usually 1,097,216 bytes. The file also can also affect other applications by changing their properties. Such manipulation can cause an application to do things other than what it is intended to do. This sp_rsser.exe process does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The sp_rsser file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. Sp_rsser.exe is capable of supervise programs.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves sp_rsser.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about sp_rsser?
|a anti spyware |
|Just as with all anti-spyware programs that have realtime shields, this process controls Spyware Terminator's shields to stop spyware from getting on your computer |
|This is taking 99% cpu utilization |
|belegt 99% des cpu |
|File monitors applications for the Spyware Terminator anti-spyware program. It runs even if you've turned all the sheilds off. (further information...) |
Summary: 6 users judge sp_rsser.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 4 users consider it harmless. However, one user considers this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. For this reason, 3 users have already deleted sp_rsser.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall Crawler Spyware Terminator or Macromedia Shockwave Player
To remove sp_rsser.exe from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for Crawler Spyware Terminator or Macromedia Shockwave Player in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if sp_rsser.exe (sp_rsser.exe) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of sp_rsser.exe. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for sp_rsser.exe or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or sp_rsser.exe is causing problems for you, a good Registry Cleaner may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.