How to get rid of the rpchromebrowserrecordhelper VirusSometimes the rpchromebrowserrecordhelper file may cloak a virus. If your anti-virus software does not detect a virus, try using a supplementary free Anti-Malware scanner.
Other problems with rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll
The rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll process is also known as RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin or, as the case may be, RealPlayer Chrome Browser Helper and is a part of RealPlayer or, as the case may be, MP3 Remix for Windows Media. This software is produced by RealPlayer (www.real.com) or, as the case may be, RealNetworks (www.realnetworks.com). An obsolete or defective version of rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin
rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. Rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in a subdirectory of C:\.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 8,704 bytes (53% of all these files), 102,400 bytes as well as 4 other variants.
This so-called dynamic link library (DLL) contains all the functions that have been transferred to a separate file. These transferred functions are available not only to this particular program, but can also be used by other applications. This file also can also affect other applications by changing their properties. Such manipulation can cause an application to do things other than what it is intended to do. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. It is unusual for the service not to provide any indication of how and why it is required. Rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. File properties have not been internally documented by the producer or developer. Rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll is capable of record keystrokes. For this reason, 79% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll file has a 79% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 40,960 bytes (80% of all these files), 40,448 bytes, 118,784 bytes, 123,266 bytes or, as the case may be, 8,704 bytes. It also can also affect other applications by changing their properties. Such manipulation can cause an application to do things other than what it is intended to do. This particular software does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. For this service - unlike Windows' own system services - there is no good description available. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. There is no embedded description in this file. These days, this is rather unusual Rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll is capable of log keyboard entries.
Attention: If you find rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll on your computer, please scan it with an anti-virus product. If your anti-virus software does not recognize it as being harmful, then please make sure that you have the latest update of the signature file, or check the file online. For this option, you may want to use Security Task Manager. Here, click on the process with the right mouse button and send the file to an online virus scanner.
What do other computer users say about rpchromebrowserrecordhelper?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall RealPlayer or MP3 Remix for Windows Media
To remove RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for RealPlayer or MP3 Remix for Windows Media in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll (RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll have also been interested in: sahook.dll wrtmon.exe qttask.exe rpchromebrowserrecordhelper.dll quickset.exe mom.exe lms.exe pxhelp20.sys [index]