What is the RazaWebHook32.dll component needed for?Simply stated, a DLL file is an unnamed executable file. It cannot be directly invoked, but it can be called by any executable Windows program.
The RazaWebHook32.dll process is also known as Shareaza Web Download Hook or, as the case may be, GnutellaTurbo Web Download Hook and is a part of Shareaza or, as the case may be, Gnutella Turbo. This software is produced by Shareaza Development Team (www.shareaza.com) or, as the case may be, Pro-sharing. An obsolete or defective version of RazaWebHook32.dll can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Shareaza Web Download Hook has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Shareaza Web Download Hook has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- RazaWebHook32.dll has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module RazaWebHook32.dll. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about RazaWebHook32.dll Shareaza Web Download Hook
RazaWebHook32.dll is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file RazaWebHook32.dll is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 84,992 bytes (44% of all these files), 81,408 bytes as well as 6 other variants.
This DLL file is a browser plug-in. This could mean that your Internet Explorer has been given additional useful capabilities. However, not all such plug-ins are worthwhile. Some just display advertisements or surreptitiously change your browser settings. The unique identifer of the browser plug-in is 0EEDB912-C5FA-486F-8334-57288578C627. This RazaWebHook32 program does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The file attaches itself to Internet Explorer, the standard Windows browser, possibly in order to monitor surfing activity. The service has no characteristics or description of its own. This is unusual. The file is no part of Microsoft Windows. For this reason, 66% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A RazaWebHook32.dll file has a 66% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\. In this case, the file size is usually 78,336 bytes. The application does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. As a plug-in of Windows Internet Explorer, this file has the ability to look over your shoulder as you browse the Web. The service has no characteristics or description of its own. This is unusual. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system.
- A RazaWebHook32.dll file has a 66% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 78,336 bytes. This process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. As a plug-in of Windows Internet Explorer, this file has the ability to look over your shoulder as you browse the Web. It is unusual for the service not to provide any indication of how and why it is required. The RazaWebHook32 file is not part of the Windows operating system.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves RazaWebHook32.dll. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about RazaWebHook32?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall Shareaza or Gnutella Turbo
To remove Shareaza Web Download Hook from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Shareaza or Gnutella Turbo in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if RazaWebHook32.dll (Shareaza Web Download Hook) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Shareaza Web Download Hook. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Shareaza Web Download Hook or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or RazaWebHook32.dll is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in RazaWebHook32.dll have also been interested in: win32cert.dll pdvd10serv.exe fontdrvhost.exe RazaWebHook32.dll zeoniefavclient.dll btdevmgr.exe _etoured.dll vsnp2uvc.exe [index]