What does the ose00000.exe file do?
The ose00000.exe process is also known as Office Source Engine and is a part of Office Source Engine. This software is produced by Microsoft (www.microsoft.com). An obsolete or defective version of ose00000.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Office Source Engine has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Office Source Engine has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- ose00000.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module ose00000.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about ose00000.exe Office Source Engine
ose00000.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. Ose00000.exe is found in the Windows Temp directory.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 149,352 bytes (33% of all these files), 150,600 bytes, 145,184 bytes or, as the case may be, 3,503,976 bytes.
This ose00000.exe process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. For this reason, 35% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A ose00000.exe file has a 57% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 150,600 bytes (60% of all these files), 150,648 bytes or, as the case may be, 202,288 bytes. This ose00000.exe process does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. It was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. The original file has been signed by a trusted signature authority. This lets you check your copy to see if it is a counterfeit.
- A ose00000.exe file has a 36% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 89,136 bytes (50% of all these files), 149,352 bytes or, as the case may be, 145,184 bytes. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. It has a digital signature. This confirms that the producer has been registered with a certificate authority. The ose00000 file is not part of the Windows operating system.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves ose00000.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about ose00000?
|I just noticed this program running while I was installing Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. |
|This component is part of Microsoft Office Application. This process only shows up when installing or uninstalling Microsoft Office |
|This application is being runned when you're installing Microsoft Office 2007 . don't worry it's not a virus or something |
|i noticed it while installing MS office enterprise 2007 as well |
|I'm just installing Office 2007 and this process is on. It seems not to be dangerous. And it may be temporary process while installing. |
Summary: 12 users judge ose00000.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 4 users consider it harmless. However, one user considers this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. source: file.net
How to uninstall Office Source Engine
To remove Office Source Engine from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Office Source Engine in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if ose00000.exe (Office Source Engine) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Office Source Engine. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Office Source Engine or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or ose00000.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in ose00000.exe have also been interested in: capuserv.exe netsession_win_7de0ed9.dll bluesoleilcs.exe ose00000.exe indexer.exe belkinservice.exe serviioconsole.exe dslagent.exe [index]