What does the NMSAccessU.exe file do?
The NMSAccessU.exe process is also known as NMSAccess or, as the case may be, CDBurnerXP and is a part of CDBurnerXP or, as the case may be, Numedia CD-DVD writing as non-admin user. This software is produced by Numedia Soft (www.numediasoft.com) or, as the case may be, H&M System Software GmbH. An obsolete or defective version of NMSAccessU.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- NMSAccess has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- NMSAccess has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- NMSAccessU.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module NMSAccessU.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about NMSAccessU.exe NMSAccess
NMSAccessU.exe is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. NMSAccessU.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in the C:\Windows\System32 directory or, as the case may be, in the "C:\Program Files\Public Documents" directory or, as the case may be, in a subdirectory of C:\ or, as the case may be, in in a subdirectory of the "My Documents" folder.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 71,096 bytes (97% of all these files), 71,360 bytes or, as the case may be, 65,536 bytes.
There is no embedded description in this file. These days, this is rather unusual The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The file is no part of Microsoft Windows. The file has a digital signature. This confirms that the producer has been registered with a certificate authority. For this reason, 46% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A NMSAccessU.exe file has a 46% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 71,096 bytes. NMSAccessU.exe has none of the usual file information, such as version number, etc. This process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The original file has been signed by a trusted signature authority. This lets you check your copy to see if it is a counterfeit. The NMSAccessU file is not part of the Windows operating system. The service has no characteristics or description of its own. This is unusual.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves NMSAccessU.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about NMSAccessU?
|Came with CD Burner XP |
|associated with cdburnerxp process |
|this damn process made me crazy for several days : it interfered with the network - i was reading tons of forums to detect my network problem (couldn't see one of my computer from the ather one) and i had the ideea to start proceXP to see what was running in the background. as soon as i stopped that service everything was more the perfect ! i hope this will help you ! |
|Belongs to Burnaware pro |
|this proccess can be set to manual and it doesnt seem to be need when running CDBurnerXP |
Summary: 3 users judge NMSAccessU.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 4 users consider it harmless. For this reason, one user has already deleted NMSAccessU.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall CDBurnerXP or Numedia CD-DVD writing as non-admin user
To remove NMSAccess from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for CDBurnerXP or Numedia CD-DVD writing as non-admin user in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if NMSAccessU.exe (NMSAccess) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of NMSAccess. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for NMSAccess or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or NMSAccessU.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.