What does the NetworkLicenseServer.exe file do?
The NetworkLicenseServer.exe process is also known as ABBYY network license server or, as the case may be, ABBYY Lingvo (Version x5 Licencing Service) and is a part of ABBYY FineReader (Version 9.0 Sprint, 11 Corporate Edition, 9.0 Express Edition, 12 Professional) or, as the case may be, ABBYY Screenshot Reader. This software is produced by ABBYY (www.abbyy.com). An obsolete or defective version of NetworkLicenseServer.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- ABBYY network license server has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- ABBYY network license server has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- NetworkLicenseServer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module NetworkLicenseServer.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about NetworkLicenseServer.exe ABBYY network license server
NetworkLicenseServer.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file NetworkLicenseServer.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files\Public Documents".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 759,048 bytes (93% of all these files), 818,952 bytes or, as the case may be, 759,072 bytes.
It is the service "ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader.Sprint.9.0".
The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. It is no part of Microsoft Windows. You may uninstall the related program using Windows Control Panel. The original file is digitally signed. Check your file. For this reason, 9% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A NetworkLicenseServer.exe file has a 8% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\. In this case, the file size is usually 759,048 bytes. You can use Windows Control Panel (Programs icon) to completely remove the software. This process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. NetworkLicenseServer.exe possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. It is unusual for the service not to provide any indication of how and why it is required. The file is no part of Microsoft Windows.
- A NetworkLicenseServer.exe file has a 20% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 759,048 bytes (50% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 964,848 bytes. You may uninstall the related program using Windows Control Panel. This process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. There is no concrete documentation available for this service. It does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves NetworkLicenseServer.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about NetworkLicenseServer?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall ABBYY FineReader or ABBYY Screenshot Reader
To remove ABBYY network license server from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate ABBYY FineReader or ABBYY Screenshot Reader in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if NetworkLicenseServer.exe (ABBYY network license server) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of ABBYY network license server. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for ABBYY network license server or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or NetworkLicenseServer.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in NetworkLicenseServer.exe have also been interested in: smitsc.exe moviecolorenhancer.exe backweb-8876480.exe NetworkLicenseServer.exe iwingameshookie.dll kms.exe calmain.exe msascui.exe [index]