What does the mbamservice.exe file do?
The mbamservice.exe process is also known as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Version 188.8.131.520) or, as the case may be, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware service and is a part of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version or, as the case may be, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware versión. This software is produced by Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org). An obsolete or defective version of mbamservice.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- mbamservice.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module mbamservice.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about mbamservice.exe Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
mbamservice.exe is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. The file mbamservice.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 1,080,120 bytes (13% of all these files), 701,512 bytes as well as 21 other variants.
The application does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). The mbamservice file was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. The original file is digitally signed. Check your file. To remove the file and its related software from your computer, click Programs in Control Panel Mbamservice.exe is capable of supervise programs. For this reason, 15% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A mbamservice.exe file has a 22% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\. In this case, the file size is usually 860,472 bytes. This mbamservice.exe process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The file possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). It is unusual for the service not to provide any indication of how and why it is required. The mbamservice file is not part of the Windows operating system. Mbamservice.exe is capable of monitor other applications.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves mbamservice.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about mbamservice?
|Comes with Malwarbytes' Anti-Malware |
|Anti malware (further information...) |
|mbamservice.exe is part of Malwaretyes' Anti-Malware application. This startup entry is installed as a Windows service. (further information...) |
|A component of one of the two best anti-malware apps. as of 18 July 2011. (further information...) |
|Works well with my system |
Summary: 6 users judge mbamservice.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. However, one user considers this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. For this reason, 2 users have already deleted mbamservice.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware versión
To remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware versión in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if mbamservice.exe (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or mbamservice.exe is causing problems for you, a good Registry Cleaner may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.