What does the kix32.exe file do?
The kix32.exe process is also known as KiXtart main executable and is a part of KiXtart (Version 2001, 2010). This software is produced by Ruud van Velsen (Microsoft) (www.kixtart.org) or, as the case may be, Microsoft, Ruud van Velsen. An obsolete or defective version of kix32.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- KiXtart main executable has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- KiXtart main executable has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- kix32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module kix32.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about kix32.exe KiXtart main executable
kix32.exe is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. Kix32.exe is found in the C:\Windows directory.
The file size is 237,568 bytes.
The file is not a Windows system file, but it is nontheless located in the C:\Windows folder. This process does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The kix32 file is not part of the Windows operating system. For this reason, 52% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A kix32.exe file has a 42% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 253,952 bytes (50% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 131,072 bytes. This kix32 program does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The kix32 file is no part of Microsoft Windows.
- A kix32.exe file has a 22% certainty of being dangerous if it is found on C:\. In this case, the file size is usually 241,664 bytes. This kix32.exe process is recognizable as a window and also on the taskbar. When Windows starts, this process is automatically started at the same time (Registry: MACHINE\Run). The kix32 file is not part of the Windows operating system.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves kix32.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about kix32?
|RUN remote computer |
|KiXtart, a freeware scripting language, gives you much of the power possible with custom executables. KiXtart scripts make many of the features you want in your logon scripts possible. |
|KiXtart is used in corporate environments for logon scripting - often to map network drives or printers |
|Kix32 appears to be a necessary function for running LogOn scripts: Me I'm turning over the StartUp Error to our IT folks - Let them sort-it-out. The rest of folks w/o the level of support I enjoy, should prolly attempt the 'fix' |
|kix32.exe used to be the Microsoft advised tool for executing logon scripts. Whether it is still needed is beyond my knowledge. |
Rob Lubbers (srebbuL boR)
Summary: 5 users judge kix32.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. However, one user considers this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. For this reason, 2 users have already deleted kix32.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall KiXtart
To remove KiXtart main executable from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for KiXtart in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if kix32.exe (KiXtart main executable) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of KiXtart main executable. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for KiXtart main executable or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or kix32.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.