What does the KHALMNPR.exe file do?
The KHALMNPR.exe process is also known as Logitech KHAL Main Process or, as the case may be, KhalInstallWrapper and is a part of Logitech SetPoint or, as the case may be, KhalInstallWrapper. This software is produced by Logitech (www.logitech.com) or, as the case may be, Logicool. An obsolete or defective version of KHALMNPR.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Logitech KHAL Main Process has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Logitech KHAL Main Process has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- KHALMNPR.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module KHALMNPR.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Take advantage of our Free Computer Check to identify problems with KHALMNPR.exe
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about KHALMNPR.exe Logitech KHAL Main Process
KHALMNPR.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file KHALMNPR.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files\Public Documents" or sometimes in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 230,344 bytes (22% of all these files), 230,680 bytes as well as 15 other variants.
It was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The original file has been signed by a trusted signature authority. This lets you check your copy to see if it is a counterfeit. It possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. For this reason, 20% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A KHALMNPR.exe file has a 0% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the C:\Windows directory. In this case, the file size is usually 56,080 bytes (38% of all these files), 55,824 bytes, 101,136 bytes or, as the case may be, 76,304 bytes. This particular software is recognizable as a window and also on the taskbar. The KHALMNPR file is not part of the Windows operating system. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. When Windows starts, this process is automatically started at the same time (Registry: MACHINE\Run). The original file was created by Microsoft. The file itself can therefore be considered trustworthy. This file contains a digital signature from Verisign, a subsidiary of Symantec. Verisign thereby confirms this file's authenticity and integrity. To remove the file and its related software from your computer, click Programs in Control Panel
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves KHALMNPR.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about KHALMNPR?
|I Got it serval day before, and I can't remove it.In trouble:( |
|installed by setpoint for the mx1000, mouse software from logitech. not sure if the mouse will work without it. |
|It's logitech mouse or/and keyboard driver. Keep this file, you need it to run correctly your logitech hardware. |
|logitech cordless |
|For Logitech Mouse and or Keyboard Too much memory typical logitech, but other than that if you want to use alternate functions you need this to be activated |
Summary: 112 users judge KHALMNPR.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 13 users consider it harmless. However, 8 users consider this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. For this reason, 4 users have already deleted KHALMNPR.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall Logitech SetPoint or KhalInstallWrapper
To remove Logitech KHAL Main Process from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Logitech SetPoint or KhalInstallWrapper in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if KHALMNPR.exe (Logitech KHAL Main Process) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Logitech KHAL Main Process. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Logitech KHAL Main Process or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or KHALMNPR.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in KHALMNPR.exe have also been interested in: browse~1.dll rpchrome150browserrecordhelper.dll qtwebengineprocess.exe KHALMNPR.exe ipodservice.exe fontdrvhost.exe searchprotection.exe yourphone.exe [index]