What does the KHALMNPR.exe file do?
The KHALMNPR.exe process is also known as Logitech KHAL Main Process or, as the case may be, Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer and is a part of Logitech SetPoint or, as the case may be, KhalInstallWrapper. This software is produced by Logitech (www.logitech.com) or, as the case may be, Logicool. An obsolete or defective version of KHALMNPR.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Logitech KHAL Main Process has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Logitech KHAL Main Process has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- KHALMNPR.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module KHALMNPR.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about KHALMNPR.exe Logitech KHAL Main Process
KHALMNPR.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file KHALMNPR.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files\Public Documents" (usually C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\).
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 76,304 bytes (21% of all these files), 55,824 bytes as well as 20 other variants.
It is no part of Microsoft Windows. This particular software does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). The file possesses a digital signature from Verisign.com, which should confirm its trustworthiness. You can find the file or its related application in Control Panel under Programs. You can then rerun the setup or uninstall the program. The original file was created by Microsoft. The file itself can therefore be considered trustworthy. For this reason, 8% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A KHALMNPR.exe file has a 1% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the C:\Windows directory. In this case, the file size is usually 55,824 bytes (27% of all these files), 56,080 bytes as well as 10 other variants. The program appears as a window on the desktop. Windows starts the process each time that the computer boots up (Registry: MACHINE\Run, User Shell Folders, Run). This file was developed by a so-called third party provider - and not by Microsoft. The original file by Microsoft is digitally signed. So please check the file on your computer. You can use Windows Control Panel (Programs icon) to completely remove the software. This file has a digital signature. This confirms that the producer has been registered with a certificate authority. KHALMNPR.exe contains a digital signature from Verisign, a subsidiary of Symantec. Verisign thereby confirms this file's authenticity and integrity.
- A KHALMNPR.exe file has a 11% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files". In this case, the file size is usually 29,696 bytes (26% of all these files), 130,576 bytes as well as 6 other variants. This particular software does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The KHALMNPR file is not part of the Windows operating system. It contains a digital signature from Verisign, a subsidiary of Symantec. Verisign thereby confirms this file's authenticity and integrity. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). The original file by Microsoft is digitally signed. So please check the file on your computer.
- A KHALMNPR.exe file has a 36% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory. In this case, the file size is usually 34,816 bytes.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves KHALMNPR.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about KHALMNPR?
|I Got it serval day before, and I can't remove it.In trouble:( |
|installed by setpoint for the mx1000, mouse software from logitech. not sure if the mouse will work without it. |
|It's logitech mouse or/and keyboard driver. Keep this file, you need it to run correctly your logitech hardware. |
|logitech cordless |
|For Logitech Mouse and or Keyboard Too much memory typical logitech, but other than that if you want to use alternate functions you need this to be activated |
Summary: 112 users judge KHALMNPR.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 13 users consider it harmless. However, 8 users consider this to be a suspicious process and would like to get rid of it. For this reason, 4 users have already deleted KHALMNPR.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall Logitech SetPoint or KhalInstallWrapper
To remove Logitech KHAL Main Process from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for Logitech SetPoint or KhalInstallWrapper in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if KHALMNPR.exe (Logitech KHAL Main Process) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Logitech KHAL Main Process. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Logitech KHAL Main Process or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or KHALMNPR.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.