How to get rid of the ISightHost VirusSometimes the ISightHost file may cloak a virus. If your anti-virus software does not detect a virus, try using a supplementary free Anti-Malware scanner.
Other problems with ISightHost.exe
The producer and the name of the related software for the ISightHost.exe Prozess are not known. An obsolete or defective version of ISightHost.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- ISightHost.exe has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- ISightHost.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- ISightHost.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module ISightHost.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about ISightHost.exe ISightHost.exe
ISightHost.exe is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. The file ISightHost.exe is found in in a subdirectory of the Windows Temp folder or sometimes in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME" or, as the case may be, in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files".
The file size is 3,072 bytes.
The ISightHost file is not part of the Windows operating system. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The ISightHost file does not supply any version information or other description. For this reason, 77% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A ISightHost.exe file has a 100% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 4,608 bytes. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. This ISightHost program does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. It is interesting to note that the file is placed in the Windows folder, even though it is not part of the operating system. ISightHost.exe does not contain any exact product information, as would normally be expected today. ISightHost.exe appears to be a file that was compressed by an EXE-Packer. This technique is often used by trojans to keep the file size small and also hamper debugging efforts. However, this in itself is not sufficient reason to presume malicious intent, since even well-intentioned, professional software producers take advantage of compressed files.
Attention: If you find ISightHost.exe on your computer, please scan it with an anti-virus product. If your anti-virus software does not recognize it as being harmful, then please make sure that you have the latest update of the signature file, or check the file online. For this option, you may want to use Security Task Manager. Here, click on the process with the right mouse button and send the file to an online virus scanner.
What do other computer users say about ISightHost?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall unknown
To remove ISightHost.exe from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate unknown in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if ISightHost.exe (ISightHost.exe) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of ISightHost.exe. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for ISightHost.exe or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or ISightHost.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.