What is the grooveex.dll component needed for?Simply stated, a DLL file is an unnamed executable file. It cannot be directly invoked, but it can be called by any executable Windows program.
The grooveex.dll process is also known as Microsoft SharePoint Workspace Extensions or, as the case may be, Microsoft OneDrive for Business Extensions and is a part of Microsoft Office Shared (Version 64-bit Setup, 64-bit MUI 2010, 64-bit, 64-bit MUI) 2010, 64-bit MUI 2013, 64-bit MUI, 64-bit MUI) 2013, 64-bit MUI 2007) or, as the case may be, Microsoft Office Professional Plus (Version 2010, 2013, 2016). This software is produced by Microsoft (www.microsoft.com). An obsolete or defective version of grooveex.dll can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- grooveex.dll has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- grooveex.dll has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- grooveex.dll has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module grooveex.dll. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about grooveex.dll grooveex.dll
grooveex.dll is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. Grooveex.dll is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in a subdirectory of C:\.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 4,221,328 bytes (24% of all these files), 4,171,424 bytes as well as 36 other variants.
This DLL file is a browser plug-in. This could mean that your Internet Explorer has been given additional useful capabilities. However, not all such plug-ins are worthwhile. Some just display advertisements or surreptitiously change your browser settings. The unique identifer of the browser plug-in is 72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E or, as the case may be, D0498E0A-45B7-42AE-A9AA-ABA463DBD3BF. This particular software does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. It does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). It is unusual for the service not to provide any indication of how and why it is required. Grooveex.dll can analyze your Internet behavior, since it acts like an Internet Explorer plug-in. Grooveex.dll is capable of record keystrokes. For this reason, 56% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A grooveex.dll file has a 60% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 4,171,424 bytes (25% of all these files), 4,171,480 bytes, 4,221,328 bytes or, as the case may be, 4,171,464 bytes. This grooveex program does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. It can analyze your Internet behavior, since it acts like an Internet Explorer plug-in. Grooveex.dll has a digital signature. This confirms that the producer has been registered with a certificate authority. For this service - unlike Windows' own system services - there is no good description available. The grooveex file is not part of the Windows operating system. Grooveex.dll is capable of interpret keystrokes.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves grooveex.dll. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about grooveex?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall Microsoft Office Shared 2010, 64-bit MUI 2013, 64-bit MUI, 64-bit MUI) 2013, 64-bit MUI 2007) or Microsoft Office Professional Plus
To remove grooveex.dll from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for Microsoft Office Shared 2010, 64-bit MUI 2013, 64-bit MUI, 64-bit MUI) 2013, 64-bit MUI 2007) or Microsoft Office Professional Plus in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if grooveex.dll (grooveex.dll) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of grooveex.dll. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for grooveex.dll or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or grooveex.dll is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.