What does the core.exe file do?
The core.exe process is also known as GAS Tecnologia - Core or, as the case may be, EA Core and is a part of GAS Tecnologia - Protection or, as the case may be, Project1. This software is produced by GAS Tecnologia LTDA or, as the case may be, Exacq Technologies. An obsolete or defective version of core.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- GAS Tecnologia has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- GAS Tecnologia has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- core.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module core.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about core.exe GAS Tecnologia
core.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file core.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 1,068,376 bytes (20% of all these files), 1,058,864 bytes as well as 7 other variants.
The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. It does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. The original file has been signed by a trusted signature authority. This lets you check your copy to see if it is a counterfeit. The application is connected to a server on the Internet or in your local network. Core.exe is capable of track other applications. For this reason, 33% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A core.exe file has a 80% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the C:\Windows directory. In this case, the file size is usually 1,050,112 bytes. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. This core program does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The file has none of the usual file information, such as version number, etc. It is interesting to note that the file is placed in the Windows folder, even though it is not part of the operating system. Core.exe is capable of interpret keystrokes as well as monitor other applications.
- A core.exe file has a 46% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the Windows Temp directory. In this case, the file size is usually 28,672 bytes (50% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 57,425 bytes. It does not contain any exact product information, as would normally be expected today. The file does not come from Microsoft and is not part of the operating system. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. Core.exe is capable of supervise programs.
- A core.exe file has a 84% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME". In this case, the file size is usually 7,048,704 bytes.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves core.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about core?
|EA Games Downloader, downloads updates and news on EA Games. Could possibly display adverts but very rarely and does not spy that I'm aware of. |
|Starts up automatically after EA Link is installed, however I do not know if it is needed to run EA games purchased through EA Link |
|EA Downloader |
|Core.exe - if located in the folder Electronic Arts/EADM/ is Electronic Arts Download Manager file. It's not a necessary file for windows, it is part of autostart and gets installed with amongst other games, Sims3. |
|EA downloader, non essential unless you're downloading EA game content, or activating an online EA game purchase. Sort of like EA: Steam lite, only you don't have to run your games through it |
|It starts automatically at login, but doesn't appear to continue running. |
Summary: 3 users judge core.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 2 users consider it harmless. source: file.net
How to uninstall GAS Tecnologia - Protection or Project1
To remove GAS Tecnologia from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate GAS Tecnologia - Protection or Project1 in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if core.exe (GAS Tecnologia) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of GAS Tecnologia. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for GAS Tecnologia or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or core.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in core.exe have also been interested in: iobitappstoolbarie.dll drvlsnr.exe pxhlpa64.sys core.exe splwow64.exe searchsettings.exe askeyboardfocushooker.dll super charger.exe [index]