How to get rid of the compatibilitychecksvc VirusSometimes the compatibilitychecksvc file may cloak a virus, for example Symantec found PUA.Gen.2 or, as the case may be, Trojan.Gen.2, as well as Kaspersky found Trojan.Win32.AdSuproot.a. If your anti-virus software does not detect a virus, try using a supplementary free Anti-Malware scanner.
Other problems with compatibilitychecksvc.exe
The compatibilitychecksvc.exe process is also known as Compatibility Verify and is a part of unknown. This software is produced by Ad Support. An obsolete or defective version of compatibilitychecksvc.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Compatibility Verify has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Compatibility Verify has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- compatibilitychecksvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module compatibilitychecksvc.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about compatibilitychecksvc.exe Compatibility Verify
compatibilitychecksvc.exe is not a Windows system file and is known to frequently cause computer problems. The file compatibilitychecksvc.exe is found in a subdirectory of "C:\Users\USERNAME" or sometimes in a subdirectory of "C:\Program Files".
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 99,496 bytes (66% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 91,304 bytes.
There is no embedded description in this file. These days, this is rather unusual This process does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. The file is no part of Microsoft Windows. For this reason, 46% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A compatibilitychecksvc.exe file has a 46% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 99,496 bytes (50% of all these files) or, as the case may be, 87,208 bytes. This file contains no information about the producer or the version. This process does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. The compatibilitychecksvc file has a digital signature. This confirms that the producer has been registered with a certificate authority. The file is no part of Microsoft Windows.
Attention: If you find compatibilitychecksvc.exe on your computer, please scan it with an anti-virus product. If your anti-virus software does not recognize it as being harmful, then please make sure that you have the latest update of the signature file, or check the file online. For this option, you may want to use Security Task Manager. Here, click on the process with the right mouse button and send the file to an online virus scanner.
What do other computer users say about compatibilitychecksvc?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall unknown
To remove Compatibility Verify from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for unknown in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if compatibilitychecksvc.exe (Compatibility Verify) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Compatibility Verify. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Compatibility Verify or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or compatibilitychecksvc.exe is causing problems for you, a good Registry Cleaner may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.
Users with an interest in compatibilitychecksvc.exe have also been interested in: datasafeonline.exe bitcometbho_184.108.40.206.dll svuhost.exe compatibilitychecksvc.exe mngr.exe ghoststartservice.exe browser.dll msasn1.dll [index]