What is the bgstb.dll component needed for?Simply stated, a DLL file is an unnamed executable file. It cannot be directly invoked, but it can be called by any executable Windows program.
The bgstb.dll process is also known as pdfMachine Toolbar for IE and is a part of Broadgun Software Pty or, as the case may be, pdfMachine Toolbar for IE. This software is produced by Broadgun Software (www.pdfmachine.com). An obsolete or defective version of bgstb.dll can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- pdfMachine Toolbar for IE has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- pdfMachine Toolbar for IE has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- bgstb.dll has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module bgstb.dll. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about bgstb.dll pdfMachine Toolbar for IE
bgstb.dll is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. The file bgstb.dll is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows\System32.
The file size is 269,232 bytes.
This DLL file is a browser plug-in. This could mean that your Internet Explorer has been given additional useful capabilities. However, not all such plug-ins are worthwhile. Some just display advertisements or surreptitiously change your browser settings. The unique identifer of the browser plug-in is 56CF4856-ECB4-4e46-A897-A378821F97B9. The original file has a digital certificate (see its file properties). The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The bgstb file is not part of the Windows operating system. The bgstb file attaches itself to Internet Explorer, the standard Windows browser, possibly in order to monitor surfing activity. There is no concrete documentation available for this service. For this reason, 62% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A bgstb.dll file has a 62% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory. In this case, the file size is usually 273,552 bytes. There is no concrete documentation available for this service. As a plug-in of Windows Internet Explorer, this file has the ability to look over your shoulder as you browse the Web. The bgstb file is not part of the Windows operating system. This process does not have a visible window, and does not appear on the taskbar. This file has a digital signature. This confirms that the producer has been registered with a certificate authority.
- A bgstb.dll file has a 62% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 283,056 bytes. It attaches itself to Internet Explorer, the standard Windows browser, possibly in order to monitor surfing activity. There is no concrete documentation available for this service. The producer of the file is registered with a certificate authority. This confirms the genuineness of the file. It is no part of Microsoft Windows. The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves bgstb.dll. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about bgstb?
The file spreads very slowly and does not often make an appearance. Therefore, feedback from other users is not yet available.
Summary: source: file.net
How to uninstall Broadgun Software Pty or pdfMachine Toolbar for IE
To remove pdfMachine Toolbar for IE from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. You find it in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Type the word uninstall.
- Click Add or remove programs.
- Now locate Broadgun Software Pty or pdfMachine Toolbar for IE in the list of displayed applications.
- Click the program, and then click Uninstall.
How to tell if bgstb.dll (pdfMachine Toolbar for IE) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of pdfMachine Toolbar for IE. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for pdfMachine Toolbar for IE or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or bgstb.dll is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.