What does the astsrv.exe file do?
The astsrv.exe process is also known as Nalpeiron Highend Service or, as the case may be, A.S.T Highend Service and is a part of Nalpeiron License Management or, as the case may be, A.S.T Copy Protection. This software is produced by Nalpeiron (www.nalpeiron.com) or, as the case may be, Advanced Software Technologies. An obsolete or defective version of astsrv.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages such as these:
- Nalpeiron Highend service has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- Nalpeiron Highend service has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- astsrv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Windows XP)
- Access violation at address FFFFFFFF in module astsrv.exe. Read of address 00000000.
Free PC Check
Scan your computer today at no charge with the Windows Repair Tool. This tool helps repair Windows and helps it run faster.
What you should know about astsrv.exe Nalpeiron Highend service
astsrv.exe is not part of Windows, but it is important nonetheless. Astsrv.exe is found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory or sometimes in a subdirectory of C:\Windows\System32.
Frequently occurring are file sizes such as 57,344 bytes (86% of all these files), 53,248 bytes as well as 4 other variants.
The program executes in the background, and can only be terminated using Windows Task Manager. The file is no part of Microsoft Windows. This file is not a Windows system file, but it is nontheless located in the C:\Windows folder. For this reason, 49% of all experts consider this file to be a possible threat. The probability that it can cause harm is high.
- A astsrv.exe file has a 53% certainty of being dangerous if it is found in a subdirectory of C:\Windows. In this case, the file size is usually 57,344 bytes (91% of all these files), 61,760 bytes, 53,248 bytes, 385,024 bytes or, as the case may be, 45,056 bytes. This process does not appear as a visible window, but only in Task Manager. The astsrv file is not part of the Windows operating system. Astsrv.exe is not a Windows system file, but it is nontheless located in the C:\Windows folder.
If you see this file on your hard drive or in Windows Task Manager, please make sure that it is not a malicious variant. It's a fact that many trojans try to cloak their true identity by calling themselves astsrv.exe. With the above information or by using tools like Security Task Manager you can determine if, in your case, the file is an undesirable variant.
What do other computer users say about astsrv?
|Software licensing service for Alien Skin Adobe Photoshop plugins, needed for on-line activation (further information...) |
|Activation licensing scheme used in some new plugins such as AlienSkin products Bokeh / Blow Up 2.0+ . Is necessary for these plugins to function correctly. |
|ASTSRV.EXE installs with a Photoshop plug in named AlienSkin-Bokeh. The service can be enabled/disabled in the XP Controll Pan. (further information...) |
|The digital signature under its properties says its from Nitro PDF |
|It belongs to the Nalpeiron Licensing Service |
Summary: 7 users judge astsrv.exe to be an essential file that should not be touched. 2 users consider it harmless. For this reason, one user has already deleted astsrv.exe. source: file.net
How to uninstall Nalpeiron License Management or A.S.T Copy Protection
To remove Nalpeiron Highend service from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.
- Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Look for Nalpeiron License Management or A.S.T Copy Protection in the list of available programs.
- Click Uninstall.
How to tell if astsrv.exe (Nalpeiron Highend service) was uninstalled cleanly
After uninstalling, restart your computer. Then start Windows Explorer and see if there is still a folder with the name of the software under C:\Program Files. Be sure to check the Registry as well for remnants of Nalpeiron Highend service. To do this, start "Regedit", then look under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "Software" for Nalpeiron Highend service or the name of the producer. Always keep in mind that only a computer professional should ever directly delete entries in the Windows Registry.
What to do if a program does not uninstall
The easiest way to remove any kind of software cleanly and accurately is to use an uninstaller tool. Because the uninstaller automatically creates a backup, there is no risk of anything going wrong.
Last but not least
If Windows not working quite right for you, or if startup is taking a long time, or astsrv.exe is causing problems for you, a good Windows diagnostic tool may very well help. This is especially effective when it comes to older computers that have accumulated vast quantities of "garbage data" as the result of many software installs and uninstalls.